JOB TITLE: FOC Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Assistant Friend of the Court
Prepares initial support recommendations, investigates support issues, initiates enforcement of parenting time, custody and child support orders, responds to written and verbal inquiries about cases.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(An * denotes duties or responsibilities judged to be “essential job functions" in terms of the Americans With Disabilities Act or ADA)
- Prepares initial recommendations for child support in accordance with support guidelines, based upon financial information provided by clients.*
- Conducts child support reviews and recommends support in accordance with child support guidelines.*
- Monitors child support and medical accounts where Michigan is collecting/enforcing and initiates show causes and income withholding orders. Reviews and initiates other enforcement actions allowed by law.*
- Interviews incarcerated clients prior to court proceedings to verify case information, and to negotiate settlements to noncompliance issues in accordance with court policy.*
- Enforces parenting time and custody orders by verifying complaints and issues, interpreting court orders, issuing failure to comply notices to clients not complying with court orders, and initiating show cause proceedings.*
- Meets with clients to provide procedural advice, guidance and assistance regarding support and parenting time issues.
- Appears at motion and enforcement hearings held by the referee and writ hearings held by the court to present evidence related to the enforcement of support, parenting time and custody orders; prepares findings/orders following referee and court hearings.*
- Responds to inquiries from clients, agencies and others providing case background information, redirecting support payments, interpreting orders, and providing related case information.*
- Verifies client incarceration and serious medical conditions, and exempts incarcerated clients and clients with documented serious medical conditions from support enforcement in accordance with court policy.*
- Investigates and monitors the status of workers= compensation claims, social security claims, bankruptcy proceedings, criminal proceedings and clients incarcerated. Files claims against worker=s compensation and disability awards, bonus payments, bankruptcies, and other related payments to clients in arrears.*
- Approves all Judgments of Divorce prior to entry by the court.
- Prepares petitions and orders subsequent to review of files and/or instructions of the court.*
- May assist in all 46th Circuit Trial Court Divisions when necessary to meet the needs of the court.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Judge.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.
Crawford County Courts